Safaricom M-pesa service allows its registered customers to send or receive money internationally via several banks, Western unions and PayPal.
M-pesa which has been operating for more that 10 years has simplified the methods of transferring money from place to place.
Sending money to countries in East Africa has been even easier than in other countries.
Here is a process for sending money from M-pesa to Tanzania.
- Go to M-PESA and select Lipa Na M-PESA.
- Select Pay Bill and enter business number 255255.
- Under account number, enter the Tanzania recipient’s mobile number in the format 2557XXXXXXXX
- Enter amount you wish to send in Ksh.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and confirm the transaction.
How to send money from Tanzania to Kenya
- Dial *150*00# or use the M-PESA app and choose ‘Send Money”
- Click on M-PESA Kenya
- Click send money (check conversion rates before sending)
- Enter the destination number starting with 2547XXXXXXXX
- Enter the amount in Tanzanian shillings.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and confirm the transaction
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected] or call/SMS +254 731 469269