Education CS Ezekiel Machogu released the 2022 KCSE Results on Friday, January 20.
While releasing the results at Mtihani House, CS Machogu noted the government released the results early to allow students plan for the transition to institutions of higher learning.
He noted 841,416 candidates sat for the exams conducted between December 2 and December 23.
“As I have already stated 841,416 candidates sat for 2022 KCSE examinations compared to 826,807 candidates in 2021,” Machogu said.
2022 KCSE Results in numbers
1. 14 counties had more male than female candidates compared to 17 counties in year 2021. These counties include the following: Mombasa, Kilifi, Tana River, Lamu, Turkana, Samburu, West Pokot, Kajiado, Narok, Homa Bay, Migori, Garissa and Mandera.
2. 1,140 candidates scored an overall grade A in the exams compared to 1, 138 in 2021.
3. 173,345 candidates scored C+ and above. While C+ grade is the minimum university entry mark, it is not clear if all the 173, 345 candidates will get placement in public universities.
4. 522, 588 scored D+ grade (59.14 %) compared to 442, 251 (53.29 %) in 2021.
5. 30,822 candidates scored E.
6. By the same scale, 271 female candidates got an A as compared to 875 boys.
7. 1962 girls scored A- while 4445 boys scored a similar grade.
8. Also, 6104 female candidates scored B+ as compared to 9578 boys with a similar grade.
CS Ezekiel Machogu: 1,146 students have obtained an overall A grade pic.twitter.com/mGz59yLetW
— Citizen TV Kenya (@citizentvkenya) January 20, 2023
How to Check Results
To check results using the SMS method, you will be required to:
Send the candidate’s index number accompanied with the initials KCSE to 20076.
Note: The KCSE initials should be in capital letters. Also, there should be no space between the index number and KCPE. For example, 00000000000KCSE.
The SMS charges for the service is KSh 25.
2.Through KNEC Portal
(a) Go to KNEC portal
(b)Enter the index number of the student, then click submit
(c)After submitting the results, the student’s results will be displayed on the screen
(d) Importantly, there are no charges for this option.
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through email@example.com