You may want to replace your Safaricom Sim card due to various reasons.
This reasons might be a misplacement of phone or you may destroy your Sim card or because you want a new 4G Sim card.
READ ALSO: South Africa: Woman delivers 10 babies at one birth
There are a number of ways to replace a Safaricom line without visiting an Mpesa agent, Safaricom shop or a dealership.
There are two methods of replacing a Safaricom line by yourself.
You will be required to have;
- Safaricom SIM replacement card
- Old Original PIN-the PIN on the card
- Your old phone number
- Activate Mpesa Account
You are the required to,
- Insert the new SIM card into your phone
- Dial *180*1*Phone no.*Original Pin*IMSI#Example; Mobile Phone no-0741***3, Pin-0022
This process can take up to 30 minutes or more.
You might choose to make a call to Safaricom customer care or chat with them on social media.
READ ALSO: Shock as man dresses as bride to meet secret girlfriend on her wedding day
- Call Safaricom customer care through 100, or converse with Safaricom via Twitter, Facebook or WhatsApp.
- You will be asked few questions for identification purposes
- Mention the serial number of the new SIM card
- Mention other details such as PIN and mobile phone number
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through [email protected] or call/SMS +254 731 469269