Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) allows for cancellation of personal identification numbers (PINS) whenever an individual wants to.
The process, however, might not be as easy as it sounds. But, on this article we will take you through it.
READ ALSO: How to activate suspended KRA pin
In order to initiate the cancellation of KRA pin you must have the following.
- Your MUST have a valid PIN
- Know your KRA Password
- Be Tax Compliant (No Debts)
You can request for cancellation of your PIN or Tax Obligations.
- Log in to your iTax account
- Go to ‘Registration tab’ and select ‘E-cancellation’
- Select PIN/tax obligation to be cancelled
- You will required to submit reasons for cancellation
- Submit application for consideration by relevant office
Note that during the process you will be required to provide supporting documents.
You also have to continue filing your returns and paying taxes as you wait for an official communication that the PIN/Tax Obligation has been canceled.
How to update KRA pin
- Login to iTax
- Fill in you pin number and continue.
- You will get a message: “You have not updated your details in iTax.
- A new page will appear where you will select taxpayer type and citizenship.
You can also find Email address used on the iTax portal by;
READ ALSO: KCSE 2020: How to get results via SMS
- Accessing the KRA portal.
- Click report problem under the assistance section.
- In the PIN Tab Section, Enter your KRA PIN Number
- You can then apply for change of email.
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or call/SMS +254 731 469269