Latest News

Hearse with coffin burst into flames

A South African funeral home has been left in shock after one of its hearses spontaneously caught fire on Saturday morning.

It is reported that the car and the and the coffin were destroyed but the family and the corpse escaped undamaged.

READ ALSO: Wewe ni mjinga kabisa: Video of CS Magoha rebuking education official elicits mixed reactions

The car was heading to the family’s home for their final view of their departed.

“Drakenstein municipality’s fire services responded to a fire call involving a hearse at 8.14am in Broadway Street in Paarl East,” said Geldenhuys. When the firefighting vehicle and firefighters arrived on the scene they discovered that the hearse, with a body of a deceased person in a coffin inside, was on fire. They went on to extinguish the fire as speedily as possible.”

Initial reports had stated that the body had been hurt but the statement was later on changed after it was confirmed .

READ ALSO: Betty Bayo: My dream husband must be a divorcee, immune from cyber bullying

“The undertaker has since confirmed to Drakenstein Municipality that this was not the case. The fire was intense and the coffin significantly damaged, but the undertaker has confirmed that the body did not suffer damage.

Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through info@gotta.news or call/SMS +254 731 469269

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Most Popular

To Top