Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho on Friday, October, 16 told off Deputy President William Ruto over the oncoming Msambweni by-election.
Speaking while addressing a roadside gathering in Mombasa, Joho termed the DP a coward for campaigning for his preferred candidate, Faisal Bader from Nairobi.
READ ALSO: Kambua announces second pregnancy
The county head vowed not to allow DP Ruto to take over the ODM stronghold for whatsoever reason.
“I won’t allow anyone to even imagine that they can come and play with us in our region, be it William Ruto or his people.
“In fact, he is such a coward! He’s so afraid to come here that he is just sending his people. Kama ni mwanamme aje hapa tumwonyeshe what we are made of,” he said.
Joho dared the DP to campaign for Bader in Msambweni rather than summoning him to Nairobi and posting photos on social media.
“If you’re man enough come here, don’t play Msambweni politics in Nairobi at Karen there sending and posting pictures! Come here and let’s meet man to man,” Joho added.
Joho was speaking moments after ODM party candidate Omar Boga was cleared by IEBC to vie for the post.
Suna East Junet Mohammed also spoke, slamming DP Ruto’s allies saying that the Jubilee Party had already declared that no candidate would vie for the post.
“Of late, the country has no Deputy President and so Ruto should should not lie to Msambweni people that he is the DP. He is neither in government nor in opposition,” Mohammed said.
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or call/SMS +254 731 469269