The country’s top newspapers on Friday, April 9 focused on the 2022 succession politics highlighting on the number of Cabinet secretaries eyeing elective seats come 2022.
One of the dailies also shared details of Deputy President William Ruto’s meeting with ODM deputy party leader Wycliffe Oparanya in Narok.
Deputy President William Ruto and ODM deputy party leader Wycliffe Oparanya on Friday, April 9 held a secret meeting in Narok.
According to the daily, Oparanya said DP Ruto suggested an alliance between ODM and United Democratic Alliance (UDA) ahead of the 2022 polls.
“It was a chance meeting; being a politician, the DP asked if we can work together. I told him such a decision has to be made by the party (ODM),” Oparanya revealed.
Also in the meeting were former Cabinet Secretaries Rashid Echesa and Mwangi Kiunjuri.
Businessman SK Macharia is reportedly in a tussle with his grandsons, Adam Kamau, over the management of a multi-billion property in Loresho, Nairobi.
Kamau reportedly moced to court in May 2020 to stop SK from ejecting him from the property left behind following the death of his father John Macharia in 2018.
The daily reported that administration rights to the property were given to SK in 2019 when Kamau was still a minor, and since he is now an adult, he wants to be listed as the sole dependent of the estate.
“The applicant, Adam Kamau Macharia, is a son and only child to the deceased, and hence the sole dependent of the estate herein,” Kamau said through his lawyer.
The newspaper highlighted the number of Cabinet Secretaries eyeing elective seats come 2022.
It has emerged that at least 10 CSs are eyeing the governor seat.
- Peter Munya, Agriculture CS is looking to make a comeback as Meru governor.
- Mutahi Kagwe, Health CS is seeking to unseat Mutahi Kahiga in Nyeri county.
- James Macharia, Transport CS and Infrastructure will be in Murang’a gubernatorial race.
- Sicily Kariuki, Water CS would attempt to unseat Nyandarua’s Francis Kimemia.
- Charles Keter, Energy CS is interested in the Kericho gubernatorial seat.
- Eugene Wamalwa, Devolution CS would return to politics after 10 years; eyeing Trans Nzoia governor seat.
- John Munyes – Petroleum CS is eyeing the Turkana governor seat.
- Simon Chelugui, Labour CS wants to be Baringo county boss come 2022.
- Najib Balala, Tourism CS, the long-serving minister wants to succeed Mombasa governor Hassan Joho.
- Ukur Yatani, Treasury CS would seek to recapture the Marsabit seat he lost 2017 elections.
Shock ruled a village in Kabati, Kandara in Murang’a county after the body of a missing farmer was found.
According to the daily, Anthony Macharia’s body was found in a shallow grave underneath manure on Wednesday, April 7.
His widow, Grace Wanjiru, suspected he was murdered on Tuesday, April 6, and his body buried in the shallow grave in their farm.
Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through email@example.com or call/SMS +254 731 469269