Latest News

Migori man gets electrocuted after illegally trying to reconnect power in school

A man identified as Felix Odoyo passed away after being electrocuted while trying to illegally reconnect power at Kameji Secondary School in Migori County.

Reports indicate that the quack was hired by the school’s principal after a disconnection by Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC).

READ ALSO: Celestine Gachuhi, Phil Kimemia serve couple goals in this gorgeous photos

As seen from images shared online, the man who got electrocuted on Monday, May 24 got stuck on the pole.

The area chief confirmed the incident stating that the principal called him about the incident at exactly 1.30 pm.

The chief also confirmed that the quack was permitted by the principal to perform the reconnection.

The family’s spokesperson Charles Odhiambo disclosed that the deceased was not a qualified technician further faulted the principal for their kin’s premature death.

Once the KPLC and police are done with their part, we as the family will also demand answers from the school administration because the boy does not have any papers. How can a layman come in the school on abroad daylight and try to reconnect power that KPLC had disconnected? posed Odhiambo.

The family further revealed that the school was offering to pay KSh 500 to the late after a successful reconnection.

READ ALSO: Felix Odiwuor: Comedian Jalang’o says his eyes get him in trouble

“What bill did the school have that they were unable to pay that has caused the life of our family member,” Odhiambo sorrowfully added.

Do you have a story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through info@gotta.news or call/SMS +254 731 469269

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Most Popular

To Top